As a one off event, in 2021 we will be 'Recognising the Culinary Heroes' who have gone above and beyond during the pandemic
at an exclusive event on September 23rd, 2021.
The last 12 months have provided the entire country with unprecedented challenges and adversity. As we emerge from the pandemic we are increasingly aware of great self-sacrifice, community spirit and support for our fellow citizens. There have been many heroes across the country who exemplify everything that is great and caring, and that is as evident in the chef community as it is in the rest of society.
The Craft Guild of Chefs have chosen to change their awards for 2021 to recognise the work of chefs across the country who have stood up and put people and their community first.
We are asking people to nominate chefs from across the industry who have:
- Worked tirelessly and selflessly in adversity
- Worked with charities and food banks to feed key workers or the vulnerable
- Switched the focus of their business to provide food and support to their community
- Supported and mentored colleagues to overcome mental health and wellbeing issues
- Spearheaded fundraising efforts to provide meals for their community
If you know a chef who has been a hero, nominate them and make sure they get the recognition they deserve both for themselves and the sector they represent.
Nominated chefs can work anywhere in the industry including:
• Public sector including armed forces and prisons
• Restaurants, pubs or hotels
• Banqueting and events
• Food Development
The chefs who the judges select to be awarded the honour will be invited to an exclusive reception at Landing-42 in London on September 23rd 2021 where they will be awarded:
• A special lapel badge of recognition designed especially for the event.
• 5 years free membership of the Craft Guild of Chefs
The awards will be covered in a special issue of Stockpot magazine in October as well as on social media and the internet and will be shared with all the industry’s leading magazines.
Chair of judges will be Cyrus Todiwala, who will also be presenting the awards.
You can download a PDF version of this information here.
View some of the highlights from the Craft Guild of Chefs Awards 2019
With special thanks to our sponsors: